Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Later on Tuesday, 21 August 2007

Forget James Bond. Jason Bourne is much cooler. Even if he is really David Webb in real, well reel life, which is a rather uncool name. When I was in secondary school I used to think hmm.. I'd like to go out with someone called Jason. I don't know why. I didn't know any Jasons but I just liked the name. It sounded cool. I don't think it's particularly cool nowadays, and even though I've met about half a dozen Jameses, I still don't know anyone called Jason. I've only ever been out with a Jonathan ... gosh that's a lot of Js going on there.

But yes, Jason Bourne. He probably doesn't exist so I'll just have to use Matt Damon's face for now even though Team America detracts from the coolness. Still, one must always be able to laugh at oneself otherwise that's just boring. The Bourne Ultimatum is a very good action film - I'd not seen the ones before this third installment but then it was still riveting stuff. No accessorising Bond girls, just intelligent women whom he does not lay a finger on. Excellent. Clean, lean and mean. Blue-eyed too. Very good. I like.

It's funny but I've never really thought about male characters in movies like that before. I almost feel like I'm (1) either going into fantasy mode where I've gone off real emotions and decided to pay some attention to reel heroes instead. Reality always falls short anyway and so I might as well take unrequited to the max ... or (2) I'm having some kind of teenage hormonal mix-up. Mind you, I never really gushed about any particular actor or singer or boyband so I might well just be having a really late teenage hormonal surge. It's all under control though as the mere thought of that is completely putting me off.

Went swimming today. Swimming is a good activity to undertake when one needs to think. It just occurred to me that I think best in the shower (not bath ... it's too still) or in the pool. Something about running water. While swimming today, I thought to myself that well, actually I don't think I'm suitable for anyone. I'm too volatile, too prone to emotion, too stubborn, too ... too much to take. I'm like wildfire in a way. You can't control me. If you do, I'll cease to exist. That sounds rather melodramatic. Hmmm.

No comments: